Rasgas Company Limited is one of the world’s leading producers of LNG and a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum and ExxonMobil. Located in the State of Qatar, the Company has developed world class facilities for the extraction, storage, processing and export of LNG. The Company currently operates 7 LNG trains with a total 36.3 million tones of LNG per annum of production capacity. The Company also operates a sales gas train which supplies gas to local industries.
- equipment strategies were residing in spreadsheets with no real feedback mechanism to assess or adjust maintenance strategies, thereby stunting continuous improvement efforts.
- facility expansion necessitated an integrated, highly structured, risk-based approach to the management of equipment and associated spare parts
The company recognized the need for a powerful, easily configurable, integrated platform which could serve as the foundation for the management of all asset-related data including company SAP data, as well as support key company business drivers such as predictable production.
RasGas implemented Meridium APM Foundation for the management of all asset-related data including SAPdata. The additional value generated from the ability to fully integrate and analyze asset-related data from multiple sources, pinpoint improvement opportunities, and efficiently manage workflows supported the development of additional asset management programs, including: root cause analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, bad actors, PRV management, scorecards and metrics, reliability analytics, critical instrumentation/controls and alarms program, and facility integrity management system exception reporting.
RasGas then selected Meridium to become the platform of its highly successful Volumetric Downtime Tracking (VDT) Program with reported benefits of:
- Synergy between applications links production losses with asset sources for improved equipment strategies
- Centralized and secure database ensures data integrity
- Highly structured work flow guides quality assurance process
- Automated reporting enhances timeliness and frequency of reporting
- Widely accessible information and data sharing improves communication, understanding and teamwork between departments
- Expandable platform supports sustainability and enhancement